A US-based cosmetic dentistry practice wanted to use multimedia marketing automation in its sales funnels to communicate more effectively and convert more leads into sales.
None of the employees were trained to use Infusionsoft effectively.
Nobody had any real marketing experience.
- They spent around $10,000 a month on all forms of marketing but had no idea what actually worked and what didn’t.
- The email data was outdated as the practice had not kept in regular touch with its database.
- There was no effective follow-up process or system to nurture leads.
- Lead cost had increased dramatically over the last two years.
- Email open rates were low: around 17 percent.
After consultation, the company agreed to implement the following recommendations:
- Health-check the current database of approximately 12,000 leads and 1000 paying clients (this would delete around 4000 “leads”!)
- Build out an automated sales pipeline for all new leads.
- Integrate an automated multimedia marketing funnel: this included the use of direct mail and SMS, messenger bots and dynamic retargeting of prospects who visited the website.
- Install robust tracking so all new leads could be tracked from the lead source.
- Create Facebook custom audiences from existing lists and, from there, build Facebook lookalike audiences.
- Build out an automated follow-up process that is integrated into multimedia platforms.
- Create a tagging and “saved search” system to make it easy to quickly search the database for better targeting their marketing.
- Build out an automated lead scoring process.
- Build an automated email engagement campaign that constantly monitors engagement.
- Create automated segmentation and follow-up for all new leads.
- Confirm all new leads by opt-in.
- Implement a support and training package to improve Infusionsoft skills for key employees.
Within 90 days of implementing the new system, the client reported the following:
- A 28% increase in sales in one quarter
- An effective multimedia sales funnel in place to nurture, manage, and convert new leads
The major benefits of the solution include:
- Direct mail boosts sales: We offered all existing paying clients special weekly offers via direct mail and email over the first 60 days as a pilot. This resulted in over $42,000 in sales, of which 78 per cent was directly attributable to the campaign (for a cost of less than $8,000).
- Boost in lead conversions: The client was previously converting about 3-5 per cent of leads into paying customers. We’ve already increased to 9 per cent and expect to make further improvements over time.
- Lower cost of acquisition of new clients: Since implementing more effective tracking and reporting, the cost of acquiring a new client has dropped by 34 per cent. This can improve further over time.
- More meaningful reporting: Deleting approximately 30 per cent of their entire database was a tough pill to swallow for the client. But campaign reports are now more meaningful and we expect email deliverability to improve over time as we constantly monitor list hygiene.
- Better-informed marketing decisions: All marketing is now tracked to isolate the lead source. Previously, 70-80 per cent of the client’s marketing budget was ineffective but ad spend will now be quickly switched to areas that do convert.
Summary & Next Steps.
We have been retained as marketing consultants and to manage the client’s Facebook ad campaigns.
- We’re building Facebook and Google display retargeting campaigns to bring visitors back to the website and build brand awareness.
- We’ve also been asked to build out more multimedia marketing campaigns for the business and to provide regular virtual training to their team.