A leading UK based info-marketer, which was selling multiple online training programs, wanted to consolidate and improve the customer experience, while also increasing customer retention.
The company offered over 20 different training courses hosted on a variety of platforms.
- It was difficult from a technical standpoint to upsell or cross-sell into other product offerings.
- It was technically inefficient and costly to run the programs on all the platforms.
- Their existing platform wasn’t mobile friendly.
- The company had a high refund rate (over 30 percent), which it wanted to reduce.
After consultation, the company agreed to implement the following recommendations:
- Build out each individual program as part of one global website.
- Sell each program individually or as part of a larger high-ticket package. (i.e. offer multi-program access using one single login).
- Market other programs to potential buyers in one place inside the members’ area.
- Present related offers to people who purchase a specific course.
- Build in a one-click upsell for clients to add additional products quickly and easily.
Within 60 days of implementing the new system, the client reported the following:
- An increase in upsells & cross-sells – a 17 percent increase in sales generated internally via the website.
- Lower costs – rationalising the tech-stack saved over $650 a month in subscriptions PLUS an estimated $1000 a month in tech support.
- Fewer refunds – a 24 percent lower refund rate, worth an estimated $50,000 to $60,000 a year. We hope to improve on this even further.
Other major benefits of the solution include:
- More efficient reporting: It’s now much easier for the client to pull meaningful reporting data.
- Better user experience: Previously the client had no way to monitor course content consumption but they can now clearly identify the number of people who complete the course as a baseline for improvement.
- Additional functionality and engagement: The new membership website is built using Learndash, Memberium and gamification have been used to add extra functionality and encourage engagement.
- A reduction in customer support requests (and quicker turnaround times): Because the new site works on one platform only, there is a dramatic reduction in customer support requests.
The client has retained us to transfer all existing sites to the new membership website platform.
- We’re building out and integrating Intercom into the members’ area, where we’re setting up automation based on the user journey.
- We will also build out further gamification and quizzes throughout all of the programs to increase consumption and engagement.