A US-based organisation had already invested a considerable amount of money in getting a membership site developed but was unhappy with its functionality.
- They came to us looking for an alternative subscription-based solution.
The $20,000 they’d already invested in getting a membership site built by a different vendor hadn’t produced the functionality they wanted.
- The system didn’t integrate with their CRM (Infusionsoft).
- They had to pay a substantial amount for website edits.
- The vendor was slow with updates and support, resulting in a poor customer experience.
- The content was not accessible in a logical progression inside the members’ area, resulting in customer confusion.
- The buying experience was generally poor.
After consultation, the company agreed to implement the following recommendations:
- Rebuild the membership area in WordPress and use Memberium to fully integrate with Infusionsoft at a rebuild cost of $5,000.
- Add a simple dashboard to the members’ area to make accessing relevant content simple.
- Create a more systematic flow of content that could be drip-fed to customers.
- “Unlock” sections in an automatic and natural sequence as customers progress through the training modules.
- Implement a system allowing easy addition of new content and amendments to the website.
- Build-in gamification such as reward points and certificates for content completion to encourage consumption.
Within 90 days of implementing the new system, the client reported the following:
- Reduction in customer churn – the average churn rate was reduced to around 6 per cent per month, down from around 10 per cent.
- Significant cost savings – as well as the $20,000 “wasted” on the first membership site, the $3,000 a month in support costs, had been a burden. This was reduced to less than $1,000 a month, saving over $24,000 per year.
Other major benefits of the solution include:
- Great feedback: Overall rating of the training from an exit survey is 5 out of 5 (previously 3 out of 5).
- Better reporting: Because the membership area is fully integrated into the client’s Infusionsoft CRM, all reporting can be easily found in the CRM. The client estimates a saving of around $2,000 a month for their accounts clerk under the new setup.
- Better oversight of content consumption: The client can now easily track client progress through the training.
- Continuous improvement: Because the client wants to constantly evolve and improve the customer experience, they request feedback regularly at critical points in the training.
- Summary and Next Steps..
The company has now asked us to work with them to build out a high-ticket offer and to advise on using webinars for both lead generation and training.
- They also want to build out a new front-end lead generation “system” using direct mail and other forms of multimedia and we are now managing Facebook ad campaigns for the company.